Support for adults over the age of 18 who want to lose weight and have been identified as obese
- Find out your BMI
You can get help to lead a more healthy diet if you're an adult living in Hampshire (but not Southampton or Portsmouth) and your body mass index (BMI) is above average.
Use this tool to find out your BMI. If it's too high, sign up for a programme that will help you lose weight.
- BMI of 30+
If your BMI is 30 or higher, you qualify for free support from Weightwatchers.
- BMI of 28+
You can get free support from Weightwatchers if you haven’t paid to attend sessions with a commercial weight management provider in the last three months, and at least one of the following applies:
- you have Type 1 and 2 Diabetes or Metabolic Syndrome
- you have problems with your heart, circulation, hypertension or high blood pressure
- you have been diagnosed with anxiety/depression
- you need to lose weight before receiving another medical treatment or surgery
- you have a serious long term health condition that is adversely affected by your weight such as muscular skeletal disorders (back pain, mobility issues) and asthma
- you’re from a black or ethnic minority background.
- BMI of 25+
If you have a Body Mass Index of 25 or higher, you can take advantage of POWeR (Positive Online Weight Reduction). This gives you a number of different POWeR tools that you can try out each week to lose weight and keep it off. Signing up is easy and gives you access for 12 months. POWeR has been developed by health experts from Southampton University, based on the latest research into what helps people lose weight.
- If you are pregnant
A separate service will support you to eat healthily and be more active during your pregnancy.
After an initial assessment by a dietitian, support is provided through coaching apps and telephone support.
For more information about this service, phone 0345 602 7068 quoting WWRS096 or talk to your local midwife.
- Other resources
Information and advice on losing weight or healthy eating is available from: