Support for adults over the age of 18 who want to lose weight and have been identified as obese
- Find out your BMI
You can get help to follow a more healthy diet from Gloji Hampshire if you're an adult living in Hampshire (but not Southampton or Portsmouth) and your body mass index (BMI) is above average.
Use the NHS calculator to find out your BMI. If it's too high, sign up for a programme that will help you lose weight.
- BMI of 30+
If your BMI is 30 or higher, you qualify for free support from Gloji Hampshire.
- BMI of 27.5+
You can get free support from Gloji Hampshire if you haven’t paid to attend sessions with a commercial weight management provider in the last three months, and at least one of the following applies:
- you have Type 1 and 2 Diabetes or Metabolic Syndrome
- you have problems with your heart, circulation, hypertension or high blood pressure
- you have been diagnosed with anxiety/depression
- you need to lose weight before receiving another medical treatment or surgery
- you have a serious long term health condition that is adversely affected by your weight such as muscular skeletal disorders (back pain, mobility issues) and asthma
- you’re from a black or ethnic minority background.
- BMI of 25+
If you have a Body Mass Index of 25 or higher, the NHS Weight Loss Plan will help you start healthier eating habits, be more active, and start losing weight.
This is aimed at beginners and will help get you into the habit of regular exercise over the course of the programme. It is structured but flexible enough to allow you to fit the exercise sessions around your other weekly commitments.
- If you are pregnant
A separate service is available to support eating healthily and being active during your pregnancy. Your midwife can provide information about this service and advise how it can be accessed.
- Healthy eating and being active