In 1977, with a vision of making the natural world accessible to all, Sir Harold Hillier placed his family home and gardens into the hands of the public.
The gardens have been managed as a registered charity ever since, reliant on the goodwill of the community it serves to maintain it.
Each season brings its own challenges, but donations of every size have helped us to maintain ponds, fix pathways, grow our plant collection, and develop our educational programme.
We are currently raising money to:
- improve existing pathways to make them more accessible
- provide a much-needed replacement timber edge detail on one side of the pond
- work with local schools to decorate the pond shelter
- install a second timber shelter by the pond
- commemorative sculpture to document the unprecedented COVID-19 crisis
Your kind donation will allow us to nurture the gardens now, and for generations to come.
Leave a legacy
Once you have looked after family and friends, please consider remembering Sir Harold Hillier Gardens in your will.
As a charitable trust, our work relies on donations. Leaving a gift in your will means you can continue the support you have given us during your lifetime. This help means that our beautiful gardens are maintained and developed into the future.
There are many ways to leave a legacy gift to us and we would always recommend you speak to a solicitor. However, if you would like to have an informal and no obligation conversation with our director, please call 01794 368787.