How to apply or reapply for a Blue Badge
You can apply for a Blue Badge for yourself or on behalf of someone else
If you need assistance in completing the form we suggest you ask a family member, friend, carer or a support group; your local Citizen's Advice Charity or Age Concern office have also kindly agreed to provide their support to you in making the application.
- Before you apply
Before applying make sure you have the following:
- personal information including national insurance or child registration number
- evidence of qualification for a Blue Badge as detailed in the eligibility criteria
- a photocopy of one of the following: passport, driving licence, birth certificate, marriage/divorce certificate, civil partnership/dissolution certificate
- a photocopy of a recent bill with your name and address showing
- a colour passport style photograph taken in the last 12 months
- When applying please make a note of your tracking reference number for future access. To track your application use the Blue Badge Track Application service.
- Please note that you must complete your application within 14 days or the information will disappear and you will have to apply from the start.
If you apply for a Blue Badge online, you can pay at the same time.Please be aware of the Blue Badge scams where you may be charged £49 for an application which won’t guarantee that a Blue Badge will be issued to you. These websites are not associated with the Blue Badge Service and the application form supplied by these websites is not accepted by local authorities.
- How long it takes
You should receive your badge 4 to 8 weeks after we receive your application form. It may take longer if you ask us to review a decision, depending on when we receive your request and the evidence we have received from you.
The badge is valid from the start date appearing on the badge.
- If your application is refused
If you disagree with our decision you can request that a review of our decision be carried out.
We ask that you provide us with enough extra evidence to convince us that you do indeed fall into the category where you have a permanent and substantial walking disability where you are either unable to walk or have very considerable difficulty walking.
This review decision will be final.
Contact the Blue Badge Team by email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Reapplying for a Blue Badge
Blue Badges are not automatically renewed; you need to re-apply every three years or before the expiry date on the current badge.
- Terminal illness with a poor prognosis
The Blue Badge is only issued to people who have very considerable difficulty walking, but Hampshire County Council have included a concession to assist people who have a terminal illness with a poor prognosis (unlikely to be longer than 6 months).
If the applicant has a terminal illness with a poor prognosis then please use the first descriptive text box on the application form to carefully and accurately explain the illness and the prognosis, and provide a signed DS1500 form to confirm it. (DS1500 form is essential). Then ignore the remaining questions on the application form.
For these exceptions we will only require payment for the badge.
- Replacement Blue Badges
For Lost or Stolen or Faded Badges or as a result of a name change please fill in the replacement form and send it back to us with the required documents. There's more detail on the application form about which documents to send.
Send your form and documents by email or by post to:
The Blue Badge Team
PO Box 696,
If you don't have some of the details or documents, email us and we can discuss things with you.If the badge has been stolen, you will need to report it to the police and get a reference number from them to supply with your application
- Apply or reapply online
You can apply online on GOV.UK and your application will be sent to us.
We will start processing your application after receiving your supporting documentation, photo and payment.
When applying please make a note of your tracking reference number for future access.
Please note that you must complete your application within 14 days or the information will disappear and you will have to apply from the start.