How to apply or reapply for a Blue Badge
You can apply for a Blue Badge for yourself or on behalf of someone else
The quickest and easiest way to apply is on-line. Access to the internet is also available through your local library, or alternatively you can ask a family member, friend, support group or carer to assist you or apply on your behalf. You may also go to your local Citizen’s Advice Charity or Age Concern Hampshire who have experience in helping with issues such as these (please note: they are not in a position to print out application forms for you).
- Before you apply
Before applying make sure you have the following:
- personal information including national insurance number
- evidence of qualification for a Blue Badge as detailed in the eligibility criteria
- a photocopy of one of the following: passport, driving licence, birth certificate, marriage/divorce certificate, civil partnership/dissolution certificate
- a photocopy of a recent bill with your name and address showing
- a colour passport style photograph taken in the last 12 months
- When applying please make a note of your tracking reference number for future access. To track your application use the Blue Badge Track Application service.
- Please note that you must complete your application within 14 days or the information will disappear and you will have to apply from the start.
If you apply for a Blue Badge online, you can pay at the same time.Please be aware of the Blue Badge scams where you may be charged £49 for an application which won’t guarantee that a Blue Badge will be issued to you. These websites are not associated with the Blue Badge Service and the application form supplied by these websites is not accepted by local authorities.
- Apply or reapply online
You can apply online on GOV.UK and your application will be sent to us.
We will start processing your application after receiving your supporting documentation, photo and payment.
When applying please make a note of your tracking reference number for future access.
Please note that you must complete your application within 14 days or the information will disappear and you will have to apply from the start.
Return your completed application form and £10 cheque payable to Hampshire County Council to the Blue Badge Unit, PO Box 696, Fareham, PO14 9PD.
- How long it takes
You should receive your badge 4 to 8 weeks after we receive your application form. It may take longer if you ask us to review a decision, depending on when we receive your request and the evidence we have received from you.
The badge is valid from the start date appearing on the badge.
- If your application is unsuccessful
If you disagree with our decision you can request that a review of our decision be carried out.
We ask that you provide us with enough extra evidence to convince us that you do indeed fall into the category where you have a permanent and substantial walking disability where you are either unable to walk or have very considerable difficulty walking.
This review decision will be final.
Contact the Blue Badge Team by email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Reapplying for a Blue Badge
Blue Badges are not automatically renewed; you need to re-apply every three years or before the expiry date on the current badge.
- Terminal illness with a poor prognosis
The Blue Badge is only issued to people who have very considerable difficulty walking, but Hampshire County Council have included a concession to assist people who have a terminal illness with a poor prognosis (unlikely to be longer than 6 months).
If the applicant has a terminal illness with a poor prognosis then please use the first descriptive text box on the online application form (or Part 5 of the paper application form) to carefully and accurately explain the illness and the prognosis, and provide a signed DS1500 form to confirm it. (DS1500 form is essential). For these exceptions we will only require payment for the badge.
- Tracking your application, if made online
You will need to insert your Tracking reference number, received by email when you applied, when using https://bluebadge.direct.gov.uk/directgovtrack.html