Rights and responsibilities
Using your Blue Badge correctly
- Rights and Responsibilities and Reporting Blue Badge Enforcement
COVID19 CONCESSION - a person may continue to use their expired badge until 30 September 2020.
A person may not use an expired badge if:
- they haven’t re-applied for a Badge to replace the expired badge
- they have received a new valid badge
- they have re-applied but have been notified that their application has been unsuccessful
The following always applies in normal circumstances.
It is a criminal offence if you:
- use an expired badge
- allow someone else to use the badge, for themselves, when you are not a passenger
- alter the badge in any way
- make a counterfeit of the badge
We carry out on-street operations in various towns/cities. Authorized officers have authority to act on behalf of Hampshire County Council.
If people are misusing a badge, the officer has the legal authority to retain it after inspection.