Blue Badge Misuse and Rights & responsibilities
Using your Blue Badge correctly
- Rights and Responsibilities and Reporting Blue Badge Enforcement
It is a criminal offence if you:
- use an expired badge
- allow someone else to use the badge, for themselves, when you are not a passenger
- alter the badge in any way
- make a counterfeit of the badge
- use someone else's badge when they are not with you
We carry out on-street operations in various towns/cities. Authorized officers have authority to act on behalf of Hampshire County Council.
If people are misusing a badge, the officer has the legal authority to retain it after inspection.