Bikeability cycle training
A training programme to give children the confidence to cycle from home to school
- What is Bikeability?
Bikeability builds from skills on the playground to completing independent journeys.
There are 3 levels of training:
- Level 1: Children learn to control and master a bike
- Level 2: Dealing with traffic on short journeys and taking on a variety of safe manoeuvres
- Level 3: Children are confronted with a variety of traffic conditions as they learn the skills that will allow them to cycle from home to school safely
Training doesn’t stop on the road. Teachers get a range of classroom resources to support learning.
Read about the Bikeability scheme
- Who can do Bikeability
Bikeability funding is available to students from year 5 to year 9.
- Level 2 Bikeability is recommended for children in Primary School from year 5
- Level 3 is available to children in Years 7, 8 and 9 that have already achieved Level 2 standard
- Who delivers the training
Hampshire Schools Cycling Partnership deliver the training.
This is a consortium led by Mountbatten School and Pedal Power training. The instructors work hard to develop new and innovative ways to get the most out of the children.
- How to book
If you would like to discuss Bikeability for your school or children please contact the road safety team at Hampshire County Council.
Aaron Gallimore is the Senior Road Safety Officer leading on Bikeability:
Phone 01962 832 203