Bikeability cycle training
A training programme to give children the confidence to cycle from home to school
- What is Bikeability?
Bikeability builds from skills on the playground to completing independent journeys.
There are 3 levels of training:
- Level 1: Children learn to control and master a bike
- Level 2: Dealing with traffic on short journeys and taking on a variety of safe manoeuvres
- Level 3: Children are confronted with a variety of traffic conditions as they learn the skills that will allow them to cycle from home to school safely
Training doesn’t stop on the road. Teachers get a range of classroom resources to support learning.
Read about the Bikeability scheme
- Who can do Bikeability
Bikeability funding is available to students from year 5 to year 9.
Due to high demand for level 2 training spaces are limited and priority booking is given to year 6 students. For more information please contact the Road Safety Team.
- Level 2 Bikeability is recommended for children in Primary School from year 5
- Level 3 is available to children in Years 7, 8 and 9 that have already achieved Level 2 standard
- Who delivers the training
Hampshire Outdoors manages and delivers the training.
- How to book
If you would like to book Bikeability for your school or children please contact Hampshire Outdoors.
Email [email protected]