Information for Minibus Operators
Helpful information for not-for-profit organisations operating minibuses
Our Minibus Driver Awareness Scheme MiDAS helps improve minibus safety by working with organisations to improve driver standards.
- Advice factsheets
The following factsheets provide key information about various minibus related topics:
- Driver Licensing for Minibuses (Factsheet 1)
- Checking a Driver's DVLA licence record
- Renewing a Driving Licence (Factsheet 2)
- Taking a Minibus Abroad (Factsheet 3)
- Section 19 Standard Permits for Minibus Operation (Factsheet 4)
- Who should wear seat belts in a minibus? (Factsheet 5)
- Speed Limiters (Factsheet 6)
- Transporting Children Safely by Minibus (Factsheet 7)
- Permits for Minibus Operation: Comparison (Factsheet 10)
- Permits for smaller vehicles (Factsheet 11)
- Minibuses for hire
Minibuses are available for community organisations to hire. They are owned by voluntary organisations, schools, colleges and community transport schemes in Hampshire.
- Minibuses for schools and colleges
Schools and colleges are responsible for the safe and legal operation of a minibus.
The key considerations are:
- designating an individual to ‘own’ and manage the minibus
- ensuring only those with the correct licence to drive the minibus
- ensuring that licensed drivers have the skills and knowledge needed
If you're considering leasing or buying a minibus contact Hampshire Transport Management for advice.
- Community transport grant
Grants are available for voluntary and community organisations providing a transport service to the wider community.