Advice for Ukrainian families seeking school places

Поради для українських родин, які шукають місце в школі

Рекомендация для Украинских семей, которые ищут место в школе

Applications to Hampshire schools for Ukrainian refugee children must be made by someone with parental responsibility for the child, supported by the host family as necessary. Applications can be made online or by using a paper application form available from any Hampshire school on request, and should be submitted no more than 4 school weeks ahead of when the place is needed. It is the parent’s responsibility to ensure they have the right to apply for a state funded school before making their application (see Applying from overseas).

Applicants will need to provide with their application evidence of their arrival in Hampshire. This should include formal documentation from the Home Office confirming the arrangements under the Homes for Ukraine Scheme or Ukraine Family scheme, as well as a recent council tax and utility bill showing the host’s name and address.

Schools will process applications in line with usual admission rules and advise whether a place can be offered. If the school is full and cannot easily accommodate the request for a place, please contact the admissions team on 0300 555 1377 or [email protected] who will be able to provide support and advice on finding a suitable alternative.

More information about the in-year application process and how to apply online.