When you have found a place at a DofE Centre, you will be enrolled onto your Award programme. The enrolment costs for Hampshire County Council groups are:
- Bronze Award – £27 (Welcome Pack cost: £21, HCC Admin fee: £6)
- Silver Award – £29 (Welcome Pack cost: £21, HCC Admin fee: £8)
- Gold Award – £40 (Welcome Pack cost: £28, HCC Admin fee: £12)
These fees include an administration charge.
What do I get for my money?
Your Welcome Pack includes:
- 'The Little Book of DofE'
- your 'Keeping Track' book for recording evidence of your activities
- an Achievement Pack
- guidance notes for each activity section
- a 15% discount card for Go Outdoors
You will also receive login details to the eDofE online platform, where you will record your achievements.
The Hampshire DofE Award is run by volunteers to keep costs to a minimum. DofE Centres will support you through your Award programme and often deliver expedition activities directly. Charges can vary between centres, so ask for more information.
The activities you choose for your Award will cost extra. You might want to budget for a once-in-a-lifetime experience, or choose a low-cost programme of activities in your local community.
Specialist expedition equipment can be expensive. If you don't wish to purchase your own equipment, most can be hired through your DofE Centre or a central kit store. Ask your DofE Leader for more information.
Help with funding DofE activities is available. If you require financial support, speak to your DofE leader, and check our listing of funding opportunities for DofE Award participants.