Cold weather not only makes life uncomfortable but can also lead to serious health problems such as respiratory diseases, asthma, depression, heart disease or stroke.
Call us today
We recognise that it can sometimes be difficult to know who to contact or where to begin, but this advice and support is available from our dedicated Advice Line.
- 0800 804 8601
How we can help
The Hitting the Cold Spots Team can help you with*:
- home visits from our Advisors offering advice and practical support
- support with alternative heating measures (electric oil filled radiators) if you are without heating
- help to access to funding, where available, for boiler repairs and replacements. Delivered through trusted 'Buy With Confidence' contractors
- access to small grant support to help cope with winter fuel emergencies
- eligibility check for the Warm Home Discount and local energy efficiency schemes
- assistance to switch your energy provider or tariff to help you save money on your fuel bills
- signposting and referrals to other organisations, such as: benefits and debt advice, safe and well visits and healthy living services
*Some of these services are subject to availability and conditions apply.
If you live in a rural area of Hampshire we have additional resources to help. Extra funding from Winchester City Council is now in place to boost the Hitting the Cold Spots activity in the Winchester District.
If you are aware of a family or individual who is struggling to keep warm and well then please contact us today.
Looking after your health
Stay Well This Winter: Advice and support with illnesses and health from the NHS.
Flu vaccinations: Winter campaign starts with largest flu vaccination programme.