Cold homes not only make life uncomfortable but can also lead to serious health problems in the very young, vulnerable and elderly people, such as respiratory diseases, asthma, depression, heart disease or stroke.
Call us today
We recognise that it can sometimes be difficult to know who to contact or where to begin, so we offer a wide range of advice and support from our dedicated local Advice Line.
- 0800 804 8601
How we can help
The phone advice line is open to all Hampshire residents. Some services have eligibility criteria and the advisors will be able to talk through the best possible solution for each caller. Services include:
- assistance to switch your energy provider or tariff to help you save money on your fuel bills
- signposting and referrals to other organisations, such as: benefits and debt advice and safe and well visits by Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service
- eligibility check for the Warm Home Discount and local energy efficiency schemes
- home visits from our Advisors offering advice and practical support
- support with temporary heating measures if you are without heating
- help to access to funding, where available, for boiler repairs and replacements. Delivered through trusted 'Buy With Confidence' contractors
If you live in a rural area of Hampshire we have additional resources to help.
If you are aware of a family or individual who is struggling to keep warm and well then please contact us today.
- Hitting the cold spots
- Hitting the cold spots - eligibility criteria
- Affordable warmth checklist
- Advice leaflets from the Environment Centre
- Cold weather plan for England
- Local Authority Flexible Eligibility Statement of Intent
- A4 poster promoting the service to older people
- A4 poster promoting the service to young families