Cold homes not only make life uncomfortable but can also lead to serious health problems in the very young, vulnerable and elderly people, such as respiratory diseases, asthma, depression, heart disease or stroke.
Call us today
We recognise that it can sometimes be difficult to know who to contact or where to begin, so we offer a wide range of advice and support from our dedicated local Advice Line.
We are currently experiencing a high demand for services, therefore there may be a delay in answering your call. In the meantime, why not check out the top tips and other sources of information below.
- 0800 804 8601
How we can help
The phone advice line is open to all Hampshire residents. Some services have eligibility criteria and the advisors will be able to talk through the best possible solution for each caller. Services include:
- assistance to switch your energy provider or tariff to help you save money on your fuel bills
- signposting and referrals to other organisations, such as: benefits and debt advice and safe and well visits by Hampshire and Isle of Wight Fire and Rescue Service
- eligibility check for the Warm Home Discount and local energy efficiency schemes
- home visits from our Advisors offering advice and practical support
- support with temporary heating measures if you are without heating
- help to access to funding, where available, for boiler repairs and replacements. Delivered through trusted 'Buy With Confidence' contractors
If you live in a rural area of Hampshire we have additional resources to help.
If you are aware of a family or individual who is struggling to keep warm and well then please contact us today.
Find reliable information and advice online about keeping warm and well at home.
Top Tips and other sources of information
- Be aware of what energy you are using and where, so you can see if it's possible to save any energy.
- Use heating and hot water efficiently.
- Conserve heat through insulation and draught-proofing.
- Contact your supplier if you are struggling to pay and/or see if there's any extra help from them that you are entitled to.
Further information can be found in this article:
Animated videos ‘Tips and Tricks To Get You Started’
- Local Authority Flexible Eligibility Statement of Intent
- NHS Referral letter
- To find out how we use your data see our Privacy Notice
- ARCHIVE ONLY Statement of Intent V1 from 30 Oct 2017 to 23 May 2019
- ARCHIVE ONLY Statement of Intent V2 from 24 May 2019 to 11 Nov 2020
- ARCHIVE ONLY Statement of Intent V3 from 12 Nov 2020 to June 2021
- ARCHIVE ONLY Statement of Intent V4 from June 2021 to 6 Sept 2022
- ARCHIVE ONLY Statement of Intent V5 from 7 Sept 2022 to 16 Jul 2023
- ARCHIVE ONLY Statement of Intent V6 from 17 July 2023 to 5 Nov 2023