Contact Children's Services

Professionals should complete the Inter Agency Referral Form (IARF) for all social care referrals, information shares/requests and updates. We no longer accept these by email.

If you are enquiring about the Homes For Ukraine please email:

If you are a member of the public and wish to report any welfare/safeguarding concerns or have an enquiry, please complete our online enquiry form.

 If it's an emergency and a child is in immediate danger, call 999

Further information regarding Child Protection.

Reporting concerns and general guidance
  • reporting concerns for child welfare
  • general education enquiries
  • finding childcare
  • sources of help and support
  • adoption and fostering
  • children with special needs

Phone 0300 555 1384

Monday to Thursday 8.30am to 5pm
Friday 8.30am to 4.30pm


Please note: Emails are dealt with during normal office hours Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm. At other times phone our out of hours number.

Out of hours

Out of hours contact telephone number for Children's Services

Phone 0300 555 1373  

Please note - in an emergency call 999


School Admissions

If your child attends a Hampshire school but you live outside Hampshire, you should contact:

  • your school with any queries or concerns about your child's education
  • Hampshire County Council's Children's Services Department with any queries or concerns about educational services provided by the local authority
  • your local authority for all children's social care enquiries

Phone 0300 555 1377

Monday to Thursday 8.30am to 5pm
Friday 8.30am to 4.30pm


Children's Services address

Children's Services Department

Hampshire County Council

Elizabeth II Court North

The Castle Winchester

SO23 8UG