Thursdays and Saturdays, 9am-10am
The locations and times specified for pedestrian access were decided on following a six month trial. You can read the full information supporting this in the decision report.
The following conditions are in place for the safety of residents and staff:
- Residents must be able to carry and handle their own waste.
- Residents must follow the directions of staff members at the centre and take care when moving around the site.
- Visitor numbers will be monitored to ensure safety. This may result in queuing during periods of high demand. Site staff have the right to close the queue if demand remains high near to the publicised closing time.
- Residents must comply with the Highway Code when visiting a centre. This includes queueing on the pavement rather than on the road.
- Pedestrians will not be admitted to the centres at any other time.
- Residents are not permitted to park near the centre to then walk in. Those who park outside the centre and walk in waste will not be admitted.
- Hampshire County Council reserves the right to continue to monitor this service closely, and make necessary changes at short notice, particularly in the event of health and safety concerns emerging.
- All site user rules, waste acceptance policies and restrictions apply to pedestrians.