Where to convert your civil partnership

You can sign the ‘conversion into marriage’ declaration at:

  • a register office
  • a religious or approved premises where same-sex marriages are allowed

You will then receive a marriage certificate, dated from when your civil partnership was formed.

If you choose to have your conversion at a religious or approved premises, you can also have a ceremony.