Safe communities in Hampshire
We work with many partners to promote safety in Hampshire’s communities, preventing crime and disorder, protecting vulnerable residents and providing support when things go wrong. There are many ways in which our services contribute to community safety.
Hate Crime - ways to report
Hate crime takes many forms and is under reported. Report it confidentially to the Police and/or alternative organisations.
There are local community safety partnerships (CSPs) in each district of Hampshire. They undertake local assessments of crime and disorder and co-ordinate local actions to prevent and reduce crime and anti-social behaviour.
- North Hampshire (Basingstoke and Deane, Hart and Rushmoor)
- East Hampshire
- New Forest
- Test Valley
Partnerships across Hampshire
We lead or play a significant role in a range of partnerships with other agencies, such as health, police, fire and rescue, rehabilitation services and the voluntary sector; to improve outcomes in terms of community safety, health, employment and education, public protection and support vulnerable people. These include:
- Hampshire Community Safety Strategy Group
- Hampshire’s Supporting Families Programme
- Substance Misuse Services in Hampshire
- Hampshire Joint Adult Mental Health Commissioning Strategy
- Hampshire Youth Offending Team
- Trading Standards
- Hampshire and the Isle of Wight PREVENT Partnership
- Integrated Domestic Abuse Services for Hampshire
- Services for victims of Sexual violence
- Child protection
- Support services for children
- Safeguarding adults from abuse
Hampshire Strategic Assessment for Community Safety 2019/20
This Strategic Assessment of Community Safety covers the geographic area of Hampshire County Council. It is commissioned by the Hampshire County Strategy Group for Community Safety which includes a wide range of partner agencies who have responsibilities for promoting community safety in the area. The Strategic Assessment provides a high-level, overarching narrative and complements more detailed assessments and evidence used by individual thematic and local partnerships in addressing various aspects of community safety.