Junior (Year 3) school place offer for September 2022
Frequently asked questions
- How will I find out if my child has been offered a year 3 place
If you applied for a Year 3 place online by the closing date of 15 January 2022, you will receive your offer by email on 19 April 2022.
If you applied for a Year 3 place on a paper form by the closing date of 15 January 2022, your offer letter will be posted on 19 April 2022. You should receive it within 2-3 working days.
If you applied after the closing day of 15 January 2022, please visit Changing your application or making a late application to find out when your application will be considered.
If you still need to apply, you will need to make a late application.
- Why haven’t I received my offer e-mail
If you applied online but have not received your e-mail, please check:
- your spam or junk folder
- whether your mail-box is full
- that your e-mail address hasn’t changed since you made your online application.
You can still view your child’s offer by logging in to the Education Online Portal.
- What do I do if my email has changed since I applied
Your email will have been sent to the email address you provided on your application. If you have since changed your email address, you can still log on to the Education Online Portal to view your child’s school offer using the old e-mail address.
If you think you should have received an email offer and none of the above apply, contact the Admissions Team email@example.com
- How do I accept the place offered to my child
There is no need for you to accept the place that has been offered – acceptance is automatic, including for schools in other local authorities. The school will contact you with details of the arrangements for your child’s admission.
- What if I no longer require the place
If you no longer require the place offered, please let us know as soon as possible by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. If you decline this place you are responsible for finding an alternative school place for your child. You are strongly advised to hold onto this offer until you have secured an alternative school place.
- What about transport to and from school
For information about travel and transport to school, please visit the Travel to School page.
- I didn’t get my preferred choice; can I join a school waiting list
- Your child’s name will automatically be added to the waiting list for any Hampshire school where your application was unsuccessful.
- Year 3 waiting lists for all Hampshire schools will be established on 28 April 2022 and for all community and voluntary controlled schools, will be maintained until 31 August 2023.
- Please note that if you are offered a place from a school’s waiting list, any previous offer will be automatically withdrawn. If you are happy with your current offer and wish to be removed from other school waiting lists, you must let us know at email@example.com.
If you wish to be added to the waiting list for a non-Hampshire school, you will need to contact the local authority for that school.
- How can I find out where my child is on the waiting list
You can contact the school to find out your waiting list position. Alternatively, you can contact the admissions phone line on 0300 555 1377 to find out your child’s position for any Hampshire community or voluntary controlled school.
Waiting lists can change as places are offered and new applications received. The information we provide is therefore only accurate at the time it is provided.
For waiting lists of schools in other local authorities, you should contact the school directly.
- Can I appeal if I am unhappy with the allocated school place
You have the right of appeal to an independent appeal panel against the refusal of a place at any higher preference school named on your application where you were unsuccessful. To appeal for a place at a Hampshire community or voluntary controlled school, see our guidance to complete the online appeal form.
Appeals for Hampshire community and voluntary controlled schools will be heard from 6 June to 21 July 2022. You must return your completed appeal forms by 19 May 2022 to ensure that your appeal is heard during these dates.
More information can be found in our guidance for appeals.
For academies, foundation and trust schools, please contact the school.
We advise that that you hold on to the place you have been allocated until you have secured another school place.
- Who to contact if you have further questions
Our admissions phone line is 0300 555 1377.
From Tuesday 19 April to Friday 22 April, lines will open at 8am and close at 5pm Tuesday to Thursday and 4:30pm on Friday.
From Monday 25 April, normal opening hours will resume which are 8am to 5pm Mondays to Thursdays and 8:30am to 4:30pm on Fridays.