Removing barriers and inequalities in attainment and achievement is a priority for any head teacher. By working alongside you and using our specialist knowledge, we can help your school improve educational outcomes for children and young people from Black, Minority Ethnic (BME) and Traveller heritages, including those learning English as an additional language (EAL).
We understand the importance of fostering open and productive relationships between schools, parents, carers, children and young people to remove barriers to learning. Through our specialist resources and support, we provide expert advice, guidance and training to help raise attainment and close the performance gap for children and young people from BME and Traveller groups.
If you are an academy within Hampshire, you can buy back into our SLA and access the same range of services as Hampshire maintained schools. Alternatively, you can buy in services on a pay-as-you-go basis. Contact email@example.com to discuss this further.
Full range of services
Download and print off the full range of services you can access through EMTAS. Handy for notice boards in school!
Service Level Agreement with Hampshire Maintained and Aided Primary and Secondary Schools - current version for 2021-22
All about EMTAS
This leaflet outlines the most popular services accessed by schools.
- Bilingual support for children and young people at point of transfer into a new school in over 20 different languages
- Advice and training on meeting needs of children learning English as an additional language
- OFSTED guidance, advice and training on closing gaps between the performance of Black, Minority Ethnic, Gypsy, Roma and Traveller children, and others
- EMTAS specialist teacher advice and support
- Parental support and family working which includes family learning, translation of texts, letters and transition work for individual pupils
- Guidance on the delivery of the award-winning Hampshire Young Interpreter Scheme®
- Resources – loan of books, dictionaries and artefacts
- Training for teachers, support staff and governors
- Phone line service for parents and practitioners in a range of different languages.