We have a range of materials and books for Hampshire LA schools to borrow on free, short-term loan. These include:
- Dual language books
- Set texts in translation (Key stages 3 and 4)
- Talking dictionaries (various languages)
- Persona Dolls
- Traveller fiction and non-fiction
- For more information contact Julie Yates
A set of high-quality, Q and A cards focusing on aspects of EAL (English as an Additional Language) practice and provision. Designed to support staff training, online content.
A suite of online EAL (English as an Additional Language) focused e-learning modules that can be used for continuing personal development (CPD) for staff.
Bi-lingual story telling session
Story-telling in two languages, this session supports younger children to enjoy a shared experience of story and promotes cultural and linguistic diversity in your setting.
- an extensive range of dual language books
- talking dictionaries
- EAL storysacks
- language files
- cross cultural poetry and fiction
- Travellers fiction and non fiction
- Gypsy/Romany history books
- artefacts and photos
- Traveller guided reading packs for KS1 & KS2, and Travellers Times
- ICDL website
International Children’s Digital Library – reading materials for children from 3 to 13 in many languages. Free to access.
- App Wheel
Apps suitable for tablet devices to support teaching and learning in primary phase.
- Secondary Phase App Wheel
Apps suitable for tablet devices to support teaching and learning in secondary phase.
- EAL MESH Guide
- Mantra Publishing
- Grant and Cutler