These Pods are here in perpetuity to recognise and remember the sacrifices made and faced by the Armed Forces Community.
The wooden camping Pods are sustainable and environmentally friendly with solar panels. The Pods provide residential holiday/respite facilities for service personnel, veterans and their families. The Pod Village has been designed with accessibility in mind.
This project has been made possible with the help of the Armed Forces Community Covenant, the Royal British Legion Brockenhurst Branch and Hampshire County Council.
Ex military and current serving military can use for free at weekends (max 2 nights) and school holidays (max 4 nights).
- School holiday dates are based on Hampshire School holidays only
- Arrival time 4pm, departure time 10am
- Bring up to 3 immediate family members (i.e spouse and children, if you have a larger family contact the centre)
- Ladies’ block has 11 toilets and 10 showers
- Men’s block has 8 toilets and 8 showers plus urinals.
- 6 external washing-up sinks.
- Car park where we ask campers to please leave their vehicles and then use our trolleys to move equipment to the Pods.
- Secure tablet/laptop charging lockers are available to hire.
- Fridge/Freezer space for labelled items (No Alcohol allowed in these fridges)
- Souvenir shop and vending machine
- Site map
Sorry, we do not allow pets on site.Information pack
Pod Facilities (in each pod)
- A fixed double bed/seating area
- Two folding camp beds
- USB Phone charging socket
- Led Lighting
There is a gravel roadway leading to the pods with parking bays for blue badge holders only. We therefore ask all other vehicles to park in our main car park. Upon arrival you will be issued a drop-off pass, this will allow you 30 minutes of unloading time at the pod village. If all our drop off passes are in use at the time of your arrival then we will kindly ask you to wait or we will have trolleys to hand if you wanted to start walking your luggage from the main car park to the pod village.
Adventurous activities will be running during your stay every Saturday morning (for weekend bookings) and Tuesday/Thursday mornings (for week bookings). The activities available can be seen in the table, please be aware that charges apply. These can be booked in advance or on arrival by speaking to a member of staff and paying in full. A medical form will need to be completed for each participant. Activities are subject to change or be cancelled if the centre is busy with other bookings.
- Young Person’s Medical and consent form
- Adult Medical Form
Saturdays and Tuesday
|9.30am||Archery||5 years +|
|11am||Climbing||*5 years +|
|9.30am||Low ropes||5 years +
|11am||Crate Stack||5 years +
* subject to safety equipment fitting correctly.