Declaration of parentage

A Declaration of Parentage is when a court decides who the second biological parent of a baby is. You don’t need to do anything to change the birth record if there’s been a Declaration of Parentage made by a court as they will tell the General Register Office and the birth will be re-registered. If you want a new birth certificate after the birth has been re-registered, you’ll need to order a new copy of the birth certificate.