Complaints about Hampshire County Council education services

Making a complaint, comment or compliment about children’s education services managed by the County Council

Compliments and comments

If you have a compliment or comment you can:

  • let the member of staff know yourself or tell their manage
  • send an email to [email protected] 

We will make sure that your compliment or comment is passed on to the appropriate people.

Knowing when we get things right for you can help us to get it right for others too.

Types of complaints

Hampshire County Council Children's Services is responsible for providing a range of services to pupils and their parents or carers such as:

  • the process for a education and health care plan (EHCP)
  • a Hampshire SENDIASS service for parents and carers of children with special educational needs
  • assessments, support and advice by the educational psychology, education welfare and behaviour support services
  • education other than at school (EOTAS), for pupils unable to attend school
  • admission and transfer arrangements for school places
  • countywide planning of school places
Complaints process

For all complaints about education services, please use the County Council’s formal complaints process.

The Children’s Services complaints team will remain responsible for managing your complaint and will be your point of contact.

Put your complaint in writing to the Children’s Services Complaints Team. You have these options:

Children's Services Complaints Team
Hampshire County Council
EII Court South
SO23 8UJ

If you prefer you can record your complaint on video, DVD, CD or audio tape.

If you are unable to use one of these methods you can make a complaint verbally by calling our contact centre. Phone 0300 555 1384. A member of staff will fill in the form on your behalf.

You can read our privacy notice to find out more about how we protect the data you provide.

Appeals and tribunals

In some cases there may be a legal right of appeal to an independent tribunal or panel. These include:

  • education and health care plans (EHCP)
  • school admissions
  • exclusions
  • home to school transport

If you think this may apply to your situation you should talk to the relevant worker or manager first and they will be able to explain the relevant procedure to you.