Leave this site

I need help for myself or someone else

The signs of domestic abuse may not be as clear as you’d think – abuse can be about controlling someone’s mind and emotions as much as hurting their body.

Domestic abuse can include, but is not limited to:

  • Physical abuse
  • Psychological abuse
  • Sexual abuse
  • Financial abuse
  • Emotional abuse

If you’re afraid of your partner, that’s a big red flag. You might be scared to say what you think, to address certain topics, or to say no to sex. No matter the reason, fear has no place in a healthy relationship.

The following services are provided by Stop Domestic Abuse.

Stope Domestic abuse logo

Hampshire Domestic Abuse Advice Line

The advice line is available to anyone seeking advice, help, support or access to services. This includes victims and survivors, family and friends of someone experiencing abuse, and professionals.

Virtual Drop-in Service

This is for victims of domestic abuse who cannot access a telephone.
Please contact a worker via Facebook Messenger 9:30am to 11:30am, 3pm to 5pm, 6pm to 8pm Monday to Friday.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Southerndas/


If you are fleeing domestic abuse and need emergency temporary housing, we can find refuge accommodation both in Hampshire and across the UK, including for families and those with specific cultural needs. Families have their own bedroom and share living areas with others in the refuge.

Adult outreach and resettlement

We offer outreach support to women and men who are living in the community. We support people on a one-to-one basis to improve safety and to address other issues such as emotional support, confidence and building self-esteem. We also help people access other services. Resettlement support is for women who have left our refuge accommodation.

Independent Domestic Violence Advisor (IDVA)

If you are at high risk of serious harm, you will be assigned a professional case worker or IDVA. Your IDVA will represent you at Multi-Agency Risk Assessment Conferences (MARAC) where many agencies including the police, probation, health and social care jointly plan ways to protect you from harm.

Group work for adults and families

To support you and your children if you have been affected by domestic abuse, there are programmes covering topics such as handling an abusive child, exploring abusive relationships, awareness of your rights and how to build confidence and self-esteem.

Additional services

There are many other support services offered by Stop Domestic Abuse and other organisations in Hampshire. Call the Advice Line on 03300 165 112 for more information.

an elderly lady looking concerned

a worried looking man

a women crying

a mixed race girl looking upset

For more help and advice


You can call the Advice Line on 03300 165 112.
If you are a professional, you can call the Advice Line or complete a referral form and email it to [email protected].
If you need to use a secure email address, please email [email protected]

Victim Care Service: 0808 178 1641

Citizens Advice Hampshire (find your local office)

Aurora New Dawn - information advice and useful contacts about stalking and cyberstalking: 02392 479254

National Domestic Abuse Helpline: 0808 2000247

Karma Nirvana (for 'Honour' based abuse): 0800 5999 247

Men’s Advice Line - advice and support for men experiencing domestic violence and abuse. 0808 8010327

ManKind Initiative: 01823 334244

Galop (National LGBT Domestic Abuse Helpline - 0800 999 5428.

SignHealth (providing domestic abuse service support for deaf people in British Sign Language (BSL):

Stay Safe East - specialist and holistic advocacy and support services to disabled victims and survivors of abuse


What is domestic abuse? - Women’s Aid

Am I in an abusive relationship?– Women’s Aid. The warning signs

The Survivor’s Handbook - Women’s Aid, includes making a safety plan to protect yourself and your children, and how to help someone else

Domestic Abuse - Hampshire Constabulary

Clare’s Law domestic violence disclosure scheme - Hampshire Constabulary
Clare's Law gives any member of the public the right to ask the police if their partner may pose a risk to them. Under Clare's Law, a member of the public can also make enquiries about the partner of a close friend or family member.

Check out our resources page for some short films about domestic abuse.

Hampshire County Council Logo
Police and crime commision logo
Southampton City council Logo
Stop Domestic Abuse
Hampton Trust