Any damaged or loose road sign will be repaired or re-fixed where possible. If it is not possible to repair/refix, or a sign is missing, a replacement will be ordered on a timescale relevant to the type of sign.
The priority given to dealing with signs will be
- regulatory signs: signs with red circles
- warning signs: mostly triangular
- direction signs: mostly rectangular. Destinations and map type
- information signs: mostly rectangular
Where damage has been caused to apparatus maintained by the County Council, we may be able to claim back the cost of any repairs. If you are responsible for causing damage or are reporting damage caused by a third party, providing any of the below information will assist in our enquires.
Please add this information to the "Additional Information" box
- date and time of the incidentdetails of any vehicle that caused the damage, for example make, model, registration
- police ref number if available
- details of any witnesses who saw the damage take place
- details of any business that caused the damage