Report a faulty school crossing light

Responsibility of Hampshire County Council

School Crossing Lights are used to indicate locations where school children are crossing either with, or without the aid of a School Crossing Patrol.

Normally these lights only operate for an hour before schools open and an hour after they close. If lights are not operating within these times, or are operating outside of these times, then these faults can be reported online. Our contractors will generally attend within 2 hours to investigate and report on the nature of the defect.

Where damage has been caused to school crossing lights maintained by Hampshire County Council, we may be able to claim back the cost of any repairs. If you are responsible for causing damage, or are reporting damage caused by a third party there is a section on the reporting form to supply information such as:

  • date and time of the incident
  • details of any vehicle that caused the damage, for example make, model, registration
  • police ref number if available
  • details of any witnesses who saw the damage take place
  • details of any business that caused the damage

This information will assist us in our enquiries.