Report a problem with paving

Responsibility of Hampshire County Council

If you see a highway issue which needs urgent attention:

  • Phone 0300 555 1388 (8:30am to 5pm, Monday to Friday)
  • Outside of office hours, phone 101 (emergencies only) 
If you or someone else is in imminent danger, phone the police on 999

The Highway Maintenance team only deal with pavements and footways. You should use the Report a problem on a right of way form to report footpath issues.

Pavements will deteriorate quicker in heavily-used pedestrian areas and where there is a need for utility companies to lay and maintain their equipment. When a problem is reported to us, we will inspect, assess and repair where necessary or forward details to any relevant third-party.

Pavements that are considered dangerous are those likely to cause a trip hazard or result in a fall. Cracked or unsightly pavements are not normally classed as dangerous. Minor repairs such as raised slabs and block paving are repaired throughout the year within an appropriate timescale.

When works are being undertaken on the highway (including the pavement/footway), the organisation carrying out those works is responsible for ensuring there is a safe route for pedestrians and other traffic.