Hampshire Supply Service moved to a Managed Service Provider (MSP) Model in January 2019 which is provided by Reed Specialist recruitment Ltd.
We encourage schools to either engage their supply workers directly or use the Hampshire Supply Service provider model.
This new contract will ensure that:
- you are paid a guaranteed minimum rate with opportunities for higher rates of pay
- payment for work undertaken is processed smoothly and quickly
If you are seeking a supply role, you should either:
- contact Hampshire Schools and Education Centres directly to see if they are directly recruiting for Supply Teachers or support staff
- contact RSR's Hampshire Supply Service Team on 0800 085 5016 or via firstname.lastname@example.org
- contact any of the supply chain agencies listed below
If you are an agency wanting to join this new contract and provide workers via this arrangement, please contact Reed on the number above.
01329 552 797
Hampshire Supply Service
0800 085 5016
0121 210 5002
Supply and Early Career Teachers
Short-term supply (less than a calendar term) can sometimes prove good experience for you but is often unable to provide the consistent support needed during Induction. Any time spent on short-term supply cannot count towards an Induction period.
If the supply placement is planned for a term or more (even part-time) and involves teaching the same class(es), Induction can and should commence when you begin work at the school. The supply could be via an agency or through your own contact with individual schools. If the placement involves only day-to-day cover for absent colleagues or PPA cover, this is not suitable for Induction and will not count towards your Induction period.
The 'five-year' rule: If you have not yet completed Induction, you can only carry out short-term supply teaching for up to five years after the date of your QTS. After this date, if you wish to continue to teaching, you will need to have completed Induction, or take up a post where you can start or continue Induction.