Access to support services
Services delivered by Hampshire County Council and its partners
It is intended that the County Council’s support for the armed forces should be embedded in its mainstream services based on identified need. It is not about providing preferential services.
Priority treatment should only be given to veterans and reservists if they have a physical or mental condition. This must be a direct result of their military service, wherever possible.
- Children and families
- School admissions for Service Families
- Supporting children from Armed Forces families in schools
- Support for minority groups in school
- Service Pupil Premium - Schools can claim additional funding if service families tell schools their child / young person is from a service family
Support for Gurkha, Foreign & Commonwealth Armed Forces communities – Email email@example.com
- Service leavers and working
The Aldershot Enterprise Centre supports business start up for service leavers.
- Health and wellbeing
Hampshire County Council is responsible for providing and commissioning social care for people with mental health problems. We work with Solent NHS Trust and Hampshire and Isle of Wight Community Rehabilitation Company. This partnership supports veterans who find themselves within the criminal justice system through Liaison and Diversion Services and peer mentoring people post sentencing.
- Further information and advice