The Shipwrights Way is a 50-mile long distance path for walkers, cyclists and horse-riders, linking the towns and villages of East Hampshire to the beautiful countryside on their doorstep.
It runs from Alice Holt Forest southwards over the South Downs and all the way to the sea, finishing at Portsmouth Historic Dockyard.
As much as possible, the route is off-road, using rights of way and permissive paths.
The route has been divided into 12 sections.
- Section 1: Bentley Station to Alice Holt Forest, 2 miles, includes Bentley rail station
- Section 2: Alice Holt Forest and Cradle Lane Section, 3 miles
- Section 3: Cradle Lane to Lindford, 2 miles
- Section 4: Bordon to Liss, 7.5 miles, includes Liss rail station
- Section 5: Liphook to Liss, 7 miles, includes Liphook and Liss rail stations
- Section 6: Liss to Petersfield, 5 miles, includes Liss and Petersfield rail stations
- Section 7: Petersfield to Queen Elizabeth Country Park, 5 miles, includes Petersfield rail station
- Section 8: QECP to Finchdean, 5½ miles
- Section 9: Finchdean to Staunton Country Park, 3½ miles, includes Rowlands Caste rail station
- Section 10: Havant, 3 miles, includes Havant rail station
- Section 11: Hayling Island, 5½ miles
- Section 12: Portsmouth, 5 miles, includes Portsmouth Harbour rail station
- Temporarily closed
- Restricted use