We inspire people to connect with and enjoy the countryside while making space for nature to thrive. We protect and conserve Hampshire's indigenous wildlife and its rich heritage through our nature recovery and climate change initiatives.
We're passionate about what we do and strive to be forward-thinking, dynamic and leading the way in countryside management.
We are responsible for:
We inspire people to connect with and actively enjoy the countryside balanced with making space for nature to thrive.
Every person in Hampshire will have a lifelong active and emotional connection with the countryside, a love of nature and a desire to protect and support its recovery.
We inspire people with our knowledge and passion
Together with our partners and customers, we make a difference
It’s in our nature to innovate, collaborate, and share
We encourage our staff and volunteers to do the right thing
Develop a deeper connection with our customers
Help nature recover
Deliver services that are economically sustainable
Be the first choice for people wanting to work/volunteer in the countryside sector
Countryside customer charter
Our commitment to you
- always let you know the name of the person you are dealing with
- treat you with respect and courtesy, listen to your comments and suggestions and respond to them either in person or by writing to you
- ensure we meet all relevant Health and Safety guidance
- wherever possible, meet any specific needs customers with disabilities may have
- use your feedback to make improvements
We aim to
- acknowledge all enquiries within two working days
- make sure our sites and parks meet national and international standards (e.g., Green Flag)
- make our parks accessible to all members of the community
- include sustainable options when we commission goods and deliver our services
- ensure public rights of way are kept to a usable standard
- ensure that signage, gates and fencing are kept to a good standard
We ask you to
- always follow the Countryside Code
- treat our staff and volunteers with courtesy and respect
- take your litter home with you or use the bins supplied
- let us know when you’ve received great service from us – and let us know when you haven’t
- respect other visitors
- treat our animals with respect and follow the on-site guidelines
About our services and sites
We are responsible for the management of 7,400 acres of land for wildlife, over 80 sites, 71 heritage features and almost 3,000 miles of rights of way public access.
We’re working to protect areas of Hampshire’s countryside for future generations to continue to enjoy, both in our areas of rights of way and in our country parks.
Some of our countryside sites
57 results found
Hampshire Countryside Service manages over 3500 Hectares of land, including grassland, heaths, wetland and woodland.
By working with partner organisation and businesses we can share skills and knowledge to continue to look after nature to ensure it’s protected for everyone to enjoy in the future.
We have a range of opportunities for your staff to experience the partnership, build engagement and working relationship with.
By working together, we can do more to:
- develop a deeper connection with our customers
- help nature to recover
- deliver services that are economically sustainable
- be the first choice for people wanting to work/volunteer in the countryside sector