Certified marriage certificates show the name of the venue where you were married, the date of the ceremony, both of your full names, age, marital status, occupation, and your usual address.
Your ceremony fee includes two certificates, which you’ll receive within 15 working days of your ceremony. You can buy extra copies in advance of your ceremony, by discussing this with our team.
If you need a new copy of your marriage certificate, you can order one online.
What information do I need to order a new certificate?
To order you a new certified copy of your marriage certificate, you’ll need to provide:
- the name of the register office, church or other building where the marriage took place
- the date of the marriage
- the full names of both people at the time of the marriage
Cost: £11 per certificate
Delivered within 15 working days
Sent by 2nd class post
Cost: £35 per certificate
Issued within 24 hours (Monday to Friday, excludes public holidays)
Sent by 1st class post
Please allow delivery time in addition to stated issue time. If you have paid for the priority service you can choose to collect your certificates, usually from Hampshire Record Office, Winchester (you will be contacted if the collection point is another location).
If a record of the certificate can’t be found or identified, only the certificate fee of £11 will be refunded.
Recently married couples
Before you order a priority certificate, please make sure your venue has submitted your marriage schedule to us.
We supply certificates for most events in Hampshire. We cannot supply certificates for events in Frimley Park, Portsmouth or Southampton.
- For Portsmouth events contact Portsmouth Registration Service
- For Southampton events contact Southampton Registration Service
- For Fordingbridge and Ringwood births, deaths and register office marriages between 1932 and 1974 contact Bournemouth Borough Council
- For Frimley Park Hospital events contact Surrey Registration Service
This system is currently unavailable
Some accounts, forms and systems on hants.gov.uk are currently unavailable due to essential upgrades or maintenance.
We can only supply certificates to UK addresses. Some overseas applicants may not be able to make online payments. To make this process easier, we suggest you order your certificate from the General Register Office.