How to transfer your pension

Transferring to another Fire and Rescue Authority

If you transfer to another Fire and Rescue Authority and remain a member of the Fire Pension Scheme, then your pension will transfer with you. You should inform your new employer that you have previous pension rights with Hampshire Pension Services.

If the gap in service is less than five years, then it is mandatory for your benefits to be joined automatically.

Transfer to another pension scheme

You can transfer your fire pension to another registered pension scheme provided it is not a scheme that offers flexible benefits. This includes all personal pensions, Money purchase schemes and Self Invested Personal Pensions (SIPPs)

If you wish to investigate the possibility of a transfer, you should contact your new pension provider in the first instance.