We are committed to supporting your family after you’ve adopted. Our helpful and friendly adoption support workers can help you if you have a quick question or you need time to talk to us about your needs. Get in touch by phone or through the enquiry form.
For adoptive parents
- Find out about our support groups, workshops and our mentoring programme.
For the family
- Stay and play sessions across the region. Bring your pre-school child or children and enjoy the chance to meet other parents in a safe and friendly environment.
Advisory and support line to speak to a social worker
Monday - Thursday
8.30am - 5pm
Friday - Thursday
8.30am - 4.30pm
You can also use our
online enquiry form.
Family fun days
- Always something for the whole family, held across the region.
Activities for adoptive children
- We partner with Groundworks Fusion to provide a range of activities for young people. The sessions are run by experienced youth workers and can be anything from creative sessions with music and art to outdoor activities.
Adoption support fund
- We can make applications on your behalf for funding for therapeutic services via an adoption support need assessment. We are able to access education psychologist consultations and Video Interaction Guidance to support you and your family during your adoption journey.
Education psychologist consultations
- Confidential joint problem solving session that can offer fresh insight, clarify issues and generate possible strategies for behaviour, relationships and learning issues at home or in school. Where appropriate, parents are encouraged to invite their social worker or, if it is a school-related issue, a member of teaching staff.
Video Interaction Guidance (VIG)
- We use virtual reality hardware to give you a coaching session unlike any other. Using the VIG headsets means children, young people and adults can understand positive aspects of behaviour and to improve their communication skills through enjoyable shared experiences. It’ll help you recognise what they you’re already doing well, develop new skills and to strengthen important relationships.
- Adoptive parents have told us that soft play can be a daunting and stressful experience. We book exclusive use sessions in soft play centres, so you and your child can enjoy the experience without the stress. It may help your child practice, so they may be able to use general sessions in the future.
Could you be one of our Adopt South Mentors?
Are you able to give friendly support, share experiences and offer encouragement?
Are you an experienced adopter?
We are recruiting additional Cornerstones mentors to support both prospective adopters and adoptive families further along in their adoption journey.
In addition to this, our mentors are also involved in recruitment events and our training programmes.
Please call 0300 3000 001 for more information.