De Havilland Monument

A memorial stone to Sir Geoffrey de Havilland

Small Copper butterfly

About the site

A memorial stone situated in the Seven Barrows field to the south of Beacon Hill. The inscription on the stone recalls that it was here that Sir Geoffrey de Havilland (1882-1965), pioneer aviator, aeroplane designer and founder of the aircraft company that bore his name, made his first successful flight on 10 September 1910.

Contact us

North Area Office, Basing House, Redbridge Lane, Old Basing, RG24 7HB

Phone 01252 870425

Email [email protected]