CALSHOT CAMPSITE RULES and TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. To camp at Calshot Campsite you must be a Calshot Campsite Access Pass holder.
2. Each pitch must be occupied by at least one Access Pass holder.
3. The use of the word caravan shall include motorhomes, camper vans, caravans and tents.
4. The Centre will not accept any liability for any accident, injury, loss or damage to persons or property occupying or using any part of the centre.
6. All members shall produce evidence of their membership at the request of, centre staff or security contractor.
7. You must hold a valid Camping Access Pass in order to book a pitch on the campsite at Calshot Activities Centre.
8. Each pitch must be occupied by a Camping Access Pass holder.
9. Bookings can be made online via Camping | Hampshire County Council (hants.gov.uk). Further details are provided in the Camping Access pass welcome communications.
10. Units must not exceed 6m wide and 9m long and your camping unit, including any awnings, must fit within this space – if your vehicle exceeds this limit you must book two pitches.
11. All pitches are clearly numbered – please pitch up on the pitch allocated to you in your booking confirmation.
12. Please report your arrival to the Campsite Assistants on 07525 387516.
13. Bookings should be made by midnight the night in prior to arrival to ensure systems are updated and administration is complete. Payment in full must be made at the time of booking. Failure to pre-book may result in refusal to stay.
14. Extending your stay must be agreed with the Centre and paid for prior to departure. Failure to do so may result in an administration fee being levied in addition to the relevant camping charge.
15. The main camping field will be closed for the last two weeks in December and the first two weeks in until January inclusive each year. Subject to weather conditions, the Creekside pitches will remain open during this period. Calshot Activities Centre reserves the right to close the campsite due to adverse conditions.
16. Nightly pitch and other related fees are set by the Centre and can be viewed on our website.
17. Electric hook up must be paid for at time of booking.
18. Per night charges apply from 1300 hrs on day of arrival to 1100 hrs on departure day. Pitches must be vacated by 1100 hrs on departure day. Late departure charges may be applied.
19. Guests must be paid for on a per night basis and must be accommodated within the Access Pass holder’s tent, caravan or motor caravan.
20. Overnight camping pitch fees do not include craft launching fees. Please refer to the Centre’s website for rates.
21. The cancellation policy in relation to camping field bookings is:
- Cancellation within 7 days before arrival date: no refund
- Cancellation 1 to 8 weeks before arrival date: 25% refund or transfer to another date (conditions apply)
- Cancellation over 8 weeks before arrival date: fees refunded less an administration fee
POSITIONING AND SIZE OF UNITS
22. A unit shall not be less than 6 metres from any other unit.
23. Units (caravan + awning) must not exceed 6m wide and 9m long and your camping unit, including any awnings, must fit within this space.
24. Two pitches must be booked where a unit exceeds pitch size limitations.
25. Two small pup tents may be positioned on one pitch providing they sit within pitch boundaries.
26. All pitches are numbered, and Access Pass holders will be allocated a pitch number.
27. On Main Field and Creek side Units are to be placed on the plot as detailed in the attached site map. Creek: units facing creek with awning on southwest side of unit. Main Field: facing sea and awning on north-eastern side of unit).
28. Only one car per unit can remain on the campsite overnight. Additional cars should be parked in the main car park.
29. Cars should be parked at the end of the unit – not adjacent.
30. Boats may not be parked between units.
31. If a motorhome or camper van owner leaves the site during their stay, they must leave an identifying marker in their space to avoid losing it to others.
32. No caravan or tent is to be left on site and unoccupied for more than 24 hours.
33. Please note that Access Pass holders must stay in their unit at night unless they have notified the Centre.
34. Sleeping is not permitted in vehicles not used as the primary camping unit and not parked within the pitch boundary.
GENERAL SITE RULES
35. Members should make themselves familiar with the fire points and the fire evacuation notices when they first arrive on site so they are aware of the actions to take in the event of a fire
36. Caravan, motorhome and campervan owners must display their camping field sticker in a window. Tent users should display their sticker visibly on their tent. Night security staff will check stickers are being displayed and may wake those not doing so to verify eligibility to be on site.
37. Calshot Activities Centre staff will work as campsite assistants. They will be contactable on 0752 5387516 between 0900 – 1900 to assist with site related issues.
38. Access Pass holders and their guests are required to comply with all reasonable requests from Calshot staff and security.
39. Abusive behaviour or refusal to meet reasonable requests to preserve peaceful enjoyment of the facilities by other users will not be tolerated and may result in your removal from site.
40. Toilet waste must only be disposed by emptying at the dedicated chemical point provided.
41. A suitable receptacle, which should not be allowed to overflow, must be used for the collection of waste water (washing water), and emptied at either the grey water or chemical waste disposal point provided.
42. The use of small private barbecues is permitted, but campers must be considerate to others whilst in use. Charcoal barbecues must be raised off the ground to avoid damage or fire risk to vegetation. Ash must be quenched with water and only placed in site skips when thoroughly cold. No wood burning (i.e. fire pits).
43. No naked flames (candles of any nature) shall be used in any unit. This excludes built in appliances.
44. Generators must only be run between 1400 hrs and 1800 hrs.
45. The Centre supports 2 hook-up points as shown on the site map. The maximum length of cable allowed is 25m.. Sharing via multiple leads is not permitted. Seasonal availability of hook-ups is at the Centre’s discretion.
46. Dogs are permitted on a short lead and on a “Poop and Scoop” basis. The blue skip can be used for disposal of bagged dog dirt.
47. Vacating the site. On vacating the site members shall leave their pitch clean and tidy. All Access Pass holders shall be responsible for the cleanliness and tidiness of the site during their stay.
48. The site operates a quiet policy between 2200 hours and 0630 hours. We ask that all site users are respectful of other site users and noise is kept to a minimum during this period.
Minimum night policy
Bank holiday weekends – minimum 3 night stay (either Fri/Sat/Sun or Sat/Sun/Mon)
Mid & high season weekends – minimum 2 night stay (either Fri/Sat or Sat/Sun)
Cowes week (Saturday to Saturday) – minimum 3 night stay during this period
Some pitches will be limited to a minimum of 3, 4 or 7 nights during school holidays. Details will be included on pitch descriptions.