1 hour session | ages 4 - 11 | £8
Did you know that Calshot Beach is home to amazing seashore creatures?
Want to know your whelks from your topshells?
Fancy learning something new about the beach on your doorstep?
Join us as we head out on the beach to explore the intertidal zone and use microscopes to learn more about our finds.
Marine Explorers is aimed at primary school age children (4-11), but please get in touch if you would like to enquire about a different age range, or even an adults only group. Sessions are one hour long and based in our marine classroom and on the beach.
Young environmental leaders programme (YELP)
New for 2022 - Personal statement enhancing experience“An understanding of the natural world is a source of not only great curiosity, but great fulfilment” (David Attenborough).
This all-inclusive summer residential programme is subsidised by the Pangea Project who are covering half the cost for all participants.
Calshot are extremely pleased to launch the inaugural ‘Young Environmental Leaders Programme’ (YELP). This unique opportunity offers an exciting mix of adventure, discovery and challenge whilst empowering young people to create connections with nature, developing a deeper understanding of how to protect the world we live in.
- Meet with experts who will share with you their passion for the natural world and our local environment
- Kayak and discover the natural wonder of salt marshes
- Get outside of your comfort zone by learning how to climb and take your newly acquired skills to the Jurassic Coast to experience climbing real rock!
- Learn about the fascinating marine creatures during a hands-on exploration of the beach
- Tackle the issue of plastic pollution by taking part in citizen science project and conducting a beach clean-up
- Learn about the importance of our oceans and embark on a watersports expedition on the beautiful Solent
- Share your learning with a final evening presentation to parents before being awarded your ‘YELP Certificate of Achievement’.
With a superb programme of activities, presentations and unique experiences throughout each day and into the evenings, this all-inclusive residential programme will help you to build your confidence and life skills. You will meet likeminded people, become a more confident leader and create memories for life!
Spaces are extremely limited, so put your application in now!
To apply, you need to answer the following questions:
- Name, age, contact details
- Why is the natural environment important to you?
- How do you think the programme would benefit you?
- Why you think you are suitable for this programme?
Wordcount total: Max 600 words.
Deadline for all applications: 31 May 2022
We will contact shortlisted young leaders for a short informal phone interview and successful candidates will be invited on to the programme.