1 hour session | ages 4 - 11 | £10
Did you know that Calshot Beach is home to amazing seashore creatures?
Want to know your whelks from your topshells?
Fancy learning something new about the beach on your doorstep?
Join us as we head out on the beach to explore the intertidal zone and use microscopes to learn more about our finds.
Marine Explorers is aimed at primary school age children (4-11), but please get in touch if you would like to enquire about a different age range, or even an adults only group. Sessions are one hour long and based in our marine classroom and on the beach.
Young environmental leaders programme (YELP)
Personal statement enhancing experience“An understanding of the natural world is a source of not only great curiosity, but great fulfilment” (David Attenborough).
This unique opportunity offers an exciting mix of adventure, discovery and challenge whilst empowering young people to create connections with nature, developing a deeper understanding of how to protect the world we live in.
The first part of the programme will take place at Calshot Activities Centre where you will:
- Meet with experts who will share with you their passion for the natural world and local environment
- Kayak and discover the natural wonder of salt marshes
- Get outside of your comfort zone by learning how to climb
- Discover the fascinating marine creatures during a hands-on exploration of the beach and visit to our Marine Room
- Tackle the issue of plastic pollution by taking part in citizen science project and conducting a beach clean-up
- Learn about the importance of our oceans and embark on a sailing or canoeing expedition on the beautiful Solent
The second part of the programme will take place at Argoed Lwyd in the Brecon Beacons, where you will experience:
- Gorge walking
- Real rock climbing
- Real caving
- Waterfall walk
- Overnight expedition including mountain walking and wild camping
Please note that some of the activities above are subject to change depending on weather conditions.
You will then return to Calshot and share the learning and experience with a final evening presentation to parents before being awarded your YELP Certificate of Achievement.
With a superb programme of activities, presentations and unique experiences throughout each day and into the evenings, this all-inclusive residential programme will help you to build your confidence and life skills. You will meet likeminded people, become a more confident leader, and create memories for life!