19 October 2012
11:00 am, Conference Room A, Portsmouth City Council
- Police and Crime panel
1. Welcome and Apologies for Absence
2. Declarations of Interest
To confirm the minutes of 29 June 2012
4. Update from the Chair
5. Co-option of Independent Members to the Police and Crime Panel
To confirm the appointment of two independent co-opted members to the Police and Crime Panel, following the cross-party member selection panel process.
6. Co-option of Additional Local Authority Members to the Police and Crime Panel
To confirm the appointment, subject to authorisation from the Secretary of State, of three co-opted additional Local Authority members to the Police and Crime Panel.
7. Procedure for Dealing with Complaints against the Police and Crime Commissioner
To consider a report from Kevin Gardner, Head of Legal Services, Hampshire County Council, setting out a procedure for handling non-criminal complaints against the Police and Crime Commissioner.
8. Communications Protocol and Website Development
To consider a report from Kate Ball, Communications Manager – Media, Hampshire County Council, setting out the strategy for communicating with all levels of Council in the Hampshire and Isle of Wight areas, and to hear an update on the development of the Panel’s website.
9. Police and Crime Panel Financial Considerations
To receive a report from Rob Carr, Head of Finance, Hampshire County Council, highlighting key financial issues for the Panel to consider, to look at the timetable for scrutiny of the Police and Crime Commissioner budget for 2013/14, and to consider the budget of the Panel itself.
10. Proposed Future Meetings of the Panel to Consider Precept and Appointment of Deputy Police and Crime Commissioner
To consider a report of Katie Benton, Support Officer to the Panel, Hampshire County Council, and to note forthcoming meetings and changes to the 2012/13 calendar of meetings following recent regulations on the setting of the Police and Crime Commissioner’s precept, and the likely appointment to the role of Deputy Police and Crime Commissioner .