Book an appointment to visit your HWRC
We are currently experiencing a very high number of resident enquiries across our waste services. Please note replies will take longer than usual at the current time. Please see our webpages for more information about waste services. Thank you for your patience.
You must have an appointment to visit an HWRC in Hampshire. If you visit an HWRC without an appointment you will be turned away. The booking system remains in place to manage customer demand and facilitate continuation of a controlled and safe HWRC operation while visitor numbers are increased as social distancing restrictions are reduced.
Portsmouth City Council and Southampton City Council are also enforcing pre-booked appointments only at Paulsgrove and City Depot HWRCs. Some guidance and restrictions may vary. Please visit the Portsmouth and Southampton websites for more information.
- Availability of time slots
Booking slots are made available up to 7 days in advance. Dates further than 7 days ahead will show as unavailable.
There is a high demand for appointments so please be patient if you cannot get a slot straight away. We are working to enable as many residents as possible to safely visit the HWRCs.
- Booking an appointment
To book an appointment online, locate the HWRC you wish to visit and complete the requested information. You will need to enter the registration of the vehicle you will be bringing to the site. If you bring a different vehicle to the site you will be turned away. Registration amendments cannot currently be made so please ensure you book using the vehicle you wish to visit the site in.
If you wish to make a booking using a hire car but do not know the vehicle registration, please enter HIRE CAR. For hire vans, please also review our additional hire van guidance.
We politely request that those attending a site in a van book no later than 5pm to ensure sufficient time to unload.
When you book online we will also ask you to provide your email address. We will use this to email you a confirmation of your booking.
Any information you provide will be automatically deleted after 14 days. Your information will not be used for any other purpose. Read our privacy notice
- Before you visit
The HWRCs will be busy. Before you travel make sure you have:
- booked an appointment for the same vehicle registration you will be attending the site in.
- read the guidance on visiting recycling centres.
- checked travel times and any restrictions which may affect your journey.
- registered your vehicle for continued free access.
- checked you have a valid permit if your vehicle requires one. Permit holders must have their permits with them or they will be turned away. Please note Hampshire County Council permits are valid at 24 Hampshire HWRC's and Southampton City Depot (Dock Gate 20). For Paulsgrove, Portsmouth, please see Portsmouth City Councils website.
- Trailers are not currently permitted at the following sites due to reduced capacity to support social distancing measures: Netley, Bordon, Hayling Island, New Alresford.
- Please arrive at the site within your booked appointment time. Staff may be unable to permit access to those who arrive before or after their booked 30 minute window.
- What to do when you arrive
- Please be patient if you have to queue.
- Listen to the site staff for instructions on using the site safely.
- We ask that, unless necessary for heavy or bulky items, only one person exits the vehicle upon visiting a HWRC.
- Please respect the choice of staff and other residents to keep at a safe distance. To limit contact, please only bring the amount of waste you can comfortably carry and empty into containers.
You do not need to bring confirmation of your booking to the HWRC as site staff will know that you have booked by checking your registration plate, however, you may wish to note your booking confirmation number.
- Cancelling or amending your booking
We are continuing to experience high demand for appointments. If you are no longer able to attend your booking please cancel the appointment so it can be used by another resident.
If you wish to cancel or amend your booking this can be carried out using the link contained at the bottom of your confirmation email. By clicking this link you will have the option to either cancel your booking, or reschedule it to another available date and time.
Registration plate changes unfortunately cannot be made at this time, please ensure that the vehicle you are booking with is the vehicle you wish to visit the site in.