Applying for a junior school place (Year 3)
If your child is in Year 2 and attends an infant school, you should apply for a Year 3 place at a junior school for September 2018
- Preparation for making an application
- Apply for a junior school place
- Address information
- Making an application on medical, physical or psychological grounds
- Applying to a church school on faith ground
- Definition of displaced children and displaced siblings
- Advice for UK service families
- Picking the right school
- Changing your application after the deadline/making a late application
- How applications are processed
A few parents may wish to apply to an all-through primary school for a place in Year 3. Primary schools in Hampshire will consider Year 3 applications for September 2018 from 11 June 2018.
Parents should complete the in-year application form (or paper copies available from the school). Applicants should expect a decision letter from the school after this date.
- Receiving the outcome of your application
The national notification date for on-time applicants is 16 April 2018
- If you applied online, you will receive an email on the morning of the notification date. They can also log in to the online system to view the outcome
- If you applied using a paper form, you will be sent a letter on the notification date by first class post. Please allow 3 working days for receipt
- See Making a late application to find out when late applications are considered
- What happens next
There is no need for you to accept the place offered to your child at any Hampshire school.
However, please let us know in writing if you no longer need the place so that it can be offered to another child.
If you have not been offered a place at your preferred school, your child will be added to the waiting list.
You also have a right of appeal against the refusal.
- Further information and guidance
- Contact us