Applying for a junior school place (Year 3)
If your child is in Year 2 and attends an infant school, you should apply for a Year 3 place at a junior school for September 2022
- Preparation for making an application
- Apply for a junior school place
- How applications are processed
- Address information
- Applying to a school on medical or social grounds
- Applying to a church school on faith grounds
- Definition of displaced children and displaced siblings
- Advice for UK service families
- Changing your application after the deadline/making a late application
- Online application guidance notes
- Apply online
A few parents with a child in Year 2 at an infant school may wish to apply for a Year 3 place in a primary school. In addition to applying for a junior school place, parents are advised to make an in-year application for the preferred primary school(s) in May 2022. Hampshire will consider Year 3 primary school applications for September 2022 from 13 June 2022.
- Receiving the outcome of your application
The national notification date for on-time applicants is 19 April 2022
If you applied online, you will be sent an e-mail confirming the outcome of your application on the notification date.
If you applied using a paper form, you will be sent a letter on the notification date by post. Please allow 2 to 3 working days for your letter to arrive.
- What happens next
There is no need for you to accept the place offered to your child at any Hampshire school.
However, please let us know in writing if you no longer need the place so that it can be offered to another child.
If you have not been offered a place at your preferred school, your child will be added to the waiting list.
You also have a right of appeal against the refusal.
- Further information and guidance
- Contact us