Applying for a reception place (Year R)
If your child was born between 1 September 2014 and 31 August 2015, they will be eligible to start school in the school year beginning September 2019
- Preparation for making an application
- Apply for a school place
- How applications are processed
- Address information
- Applying to a school on medical or social grounds
- Applying to a church school on faith grounds
- Definition of displaced children and displaced siblings
- Advice for UK service families
- Changing your application after the deadline/making a late application
- Receiving the outcome of your application
The national notification date for on-time applicants is 16 April 2019
If you applied using a paper form, you will be sent a letter on the notification date by post. Please allow 2 to 3 working days for your letter to arrive.
- What happens next
Parents must take evidence of their address and their child’s date of birth along to the school within two weeks of the application decision.
You will be asked to provide two of the following as evidence of address:
- a recent household bill, for example a gas, electricity, water, or Council Tax bill
- a recent bank statement, credit card statement, store card statement
And if you have moved house:
- a solicitor’s letter confirming that exchange of contracts has taken place, or
- a signed tenancy agreement (usually for a 12 month period)
Please take your child's birth certificate or passport to evidence their date of birth.
Please let us know in writing if you no longer need the place so that it can be offered to another child.
- Further information and guidance
- Starting School in Hampshire: a guide for parents, carers and practitioners to help ensure the best possible start to school for Hampshire’s children
- Decelerated admission for summer born children
- Childcare and Early Years
- Previous years admissions data
- Home to school transport
- Free school meals
- School term dates
- Contact us