The commission will consider three questions:
- What do you think might happen in the future?
- How will that effect/impact on what we do?
- How will the County Council and Partners need to react in light of this?
Commissioners will be identified and invited by the Chair of the Commission, the Leader of the Council.
The Commission will report back conclusions to Full Council, and provide recommendations for six strategic themes.
For each of the six strategic themes The Commission will:
- assess the forces that are likely to impact upon and shape the future
- consider the basis for a new/altered strategic vision for Hampshire to 2050, with the aim of providing strategic guidance for the future of the County
- provide the basis/strategic template to plan more detailed policies for the future development of the economy, the protection and enhancement of Hampshire's environment, and for the planning and future delivery of public services
- consider the relationship with other work streams such as the Government agenda on Local Industrial Strategies. These are seen as setting a longer term vision for local areas, looking beyond traditional economic considerations and providing a framework for future planning and resourcing
- asses the role and impact of the Government focus on housing and infrastructure. Provide the basis to identify strategic requirements and align funding priorities for future growth and infrastructure aspiration for the county