Your pension will be based on your pensionable service and final pay.
- For the first 20 years, each year is worth 1/60 of your final pay
- For the next 10 years, each year is worth 2/60 of your final pay
- Each day counts as 1/365 of a year
- You can build up to 40/60 of your final pay as pension, equivalent to 30 years of full time service
- Periods of part-time service are scaled down. If you are a part-time PC or Sergeant, flat-rate overtime counts towards service
- Part-time pay is scaled up to the whole-time equivalent
- You can also choose to buy extra pension called added 60ths within the overall limit of 40/60
You can exchange (commute) some of your pension for a retirement lump sum. See Commutation.