You pay contributions from your pensionable pay.
Pensionable pay includes:
- additional salary on temporary promotion
- competence related threshold payments
- some overtime pay for part time officers
Pensionable pay does not include:
- housing allowance
- transitional rent allowance
Your pension will be based on your membership and final pay when you leave service or opt out. Full time pay is always used to calculate final pay, even for part time officers.
Final pay will be the greatest of:
- pensionable pay in the 12 months before you retire
- pensionable pay from one of the preceding two years