The Whole Settings Toolkit for Colleges
This toolkit can be used by further educational settings to develop a whole settings approach to smoking. It includes guidance, templates and PowerPoints to support each of the nine different areas involved in a whole settings approach.
Colleges should follow the stages below to build a whole settings approach to smoking prevention:
Stage OneRead about the challenges and benefits of a whole settings approach to smoking in colleges.
Stage TwoA strong policy on smoking is central to a whole settings approach. Colleges should work to develop a robust policy in the first instance. Read the guidance document and where appropriate, use the associated templates for support.
Stage ThreeOnce policy is established, colleges should then look to focus on other aspects of a whole settings approach which are identified below.
- Stage One: Introduction to whole settings approach in Colleges
- Stage Two: Developing a strong policy
- Survey for consulting on policy changes
- Letter to relaunch smokefree policy
- College insight activity by students
- List of people to consult about policy
- Reminder letter about vapes
- Template policy for smokefree college
- Advice and Guidance: Managing Vapes in Schools
- Vaping information posters