Apply for a disabled person's bus pass
Find out if you’re eligible and how to apply for and renew a disabled person’s 'orange stripe' bus pass
- Who can apply
There is no age restriction for the disabled person’s bus pass. You are eligible if you meet any of these criteria:
- are blind or partially sighted,
- are profoundly or severely deaf,
- are without speech,
- have a disability, or injury, which has a substantial and long-term effect on your ability to walk,
- have no arms or have long-term loss of the use of both arms,
- have a severe learning disability, including an arrested state of development from birth,
- would be refused a driving licence due to physical fitness (section 92 of the Road Transport Act 1988)
- are a member or veteran of the Armed Services who has been seriously injured in service
If you meet either of these criteria, you will need to apply by post:
- DVLA long term refusal or withdrawal of driving licence on medical grounds (at least 12 months)
- persons in residential accommodation
- Documents you need to provide
You will need to provide one of the following as evidence of your disability:
- Hampshire County Council Blue Badge or number
- award letter for any Attendance Allowance
- award letter for the Higher Rate Mobility Component of Disability Living Allowance
- award letter for a War Pensioners Mobility Allowance
- award letter for guaranteed income payment for tariff levels 1-8 under the 2005 Armed Forces Compensation Scheme
- letter from the DVLA giving notice of long term refusal or withdrawal of driving licence on medical grounds (misuse of alcohol or drugs are not included under this scheme) OR confirmation from a healthcare professional advising that you are unable to drive because of prescribed medication and its effects
- award letter for personal independence payment (PIP) where you have been awarded at least 8 points or more for the PIP "Moving Around" or "Communicating Verbally" activities OR audiology evidence demonstrating severe hearing loss – 70-95 dB OR registered with HCC Deaf Services as Deaf (BSL British Sign Language)
- When you can use your bus pass
The disabled person’s bus pass entitles you to:
- free all day travel on bus services on journeys starting in Hampshire (not Portsmouth and Southampton) regardless of where you are travelling to.
- free travel between 9.30am to 11pm Monday to Friday and all day at weekends and on public holidays on bus services throughout the rest of England (including London).
You can use your bus pass on these Community Transport services:
- Call and Go, for half fare travel
- Dial a Ride, for half fare travel
- Fleet Link, Yateley Shopper and Eastleigh Parish Links, for half fare travel
- Park and Ride services registered as local bus services (though you must still pay for the parking).
- Hampshire County Council Taxishare and carshare schemes.
For more information on the above and other community transport services in your area, including those that do not accept bus passes, please use our Community Transport search.
Extra eligibility criteria may apply for each of these, please see individual services for information.
The use of this pass on Community Transport services is an enhancement to the national scheme and is only available to Hampshire residents (excluding Southampton and Portsmouth) for journeys taking place within the county.
Disabled person’s bus passes are not valid on:
- reserved seat services i.e. coaches.
- temporary services running for less than six weeks (e.g. for special events)
- taxis, rail services, ferries, shopmobility, voluntary car schemes and the Hedge End Park Minibus Service
- Renewing your bus pass
If you continue to use your pass, Hampshire County Council will send you a new one automatically prior to the expiry date of your current pass. If you do not use your pass for an extended period, you may remain eligible for a pass but may need to email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0300 555 1376 for your address to be confirmed before your new pass is issued. Should your circumstances, address or appearance alter before this date please contact this officer as soon as possible.
If you are moving into Hampshire you will need to apply as a new customer.
- Lost, damaged or stolen pass
If you believe your bus pass is lost or stolen:
- contact the bus company to ask if someone has handed it in
- check your home and personal belongings. Many customers find their pass after they report it missing
The cost of a replacement pass is £11.50.
We do not pay refunds if you find your pass later on.
If the pass has been stolen, the replacement is free if you reported the incident to the police. We will ask you to tell us the crime reference number.
We will send the replacement pass to you within 10 working days.
If you have moved address since your current bus pass was issued and have not notified the County Council of the new details, then you need to contact the Bus Pass Team via email or telephone to update your address before ordering your bus pass online.
Apply and pay by phone on 0300 555 1376.
To apply and pay by post, print out and complete the application form.
Send it to us with a cheque or postal order for £11.50 made payable to Hampshire County Council. Write your name and date of birth on the back of the cheque. A photo is not required, but you can send a new one if you want to.
Bus Pass Team
PO Box 696
- Apply for a bus pass
The link at the bottom of this section will enable you to apply on-line OR print a paper application form indicated below to apply manually. Before you go any further please read the following information which is important to your application.
You will need to provide
- a current passport sized colour photograph with your name and date of birth printed on the back
- proof of Hampshire address (e.g. copy of your driving licence or utility bill)
If you don’t have the above documents, you will need to provide alternative evidence. Your name and address must be the same as provided on your application form.
You must also provide your evidence of disability
Upon receipt we will review your application and if successful the bus pass will be posted to you within 10 working days. We will contact you if further information is required.