Applying for a secondary school place (Year 7)
If your child is currently in year 6 of a primary or junior school, you will need to apply for a Year 7 place in a secondary school for September 2021. For this year only, parents will be able to name up to 4 schools on their application instead of 3 (see ‘Changes for 2021’)
- Application guidance
- How applications are processed
- Address information
- Applying to a school on medical or social grounds
- Applying to a church school on faith grounds
- Definition of displaced children and displaced siblings
- Advice for UK service families
- Changing your application after the deadline/making a late application
- Online application guidance notes
- Receiving the outcome
The national notification date for on-time applicants is 1 March 2021
If you applied online, you will be sent an e-mail confirming the outcome of your application on the notification date. You can also log into the online system to view the outcome.
If you applied using a paper form, you will be sent a letter on the notification date by post. Please allow 2 to 3 working days for your letter to arrive.
- What happens next
There is no need for you to accept the place offered to your child at any Hampshire school. However, please let us know in writing if you no longer need the place so that it can be offered to another child.