Applying for a secondary school place (Year 7)
If your child is currently in year 6 of a primary or junior school, you will need to apply for a Year 7 place in a secondary school for September 2022. You can name up to three schools on your application.
- Application guidance
- How applications are processed
- Address information
- Applying to a school on medical or social grounds
- Applying to a church school on faith grounds
- Definition of displaced children and displaced siblings
- Advice for UK service families
- Changing your application after the deadline/making a late application
- Online application guidance notes
- Receiving the outcome
The national notification date for on-time applicants is 1 March 2022
If you applied online, you will be sent an e-mail confirming the outcome of your application on the notification date. You can also log into the online system to view the outcome.
If you applied using a paper form, you will be sent a letter on the notification date by post. Please allow 2 to 3 working days for your letter to arrive.
- What happens next
Your notification email or letter will explain what happens next.