If you need to make changes to your employer contacts and/or authorities that we hold for you please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org informing us that you wish to update your employer contact details. Please include your employer name in your request.
If you are not our designated contact for changes to your employer contacts we will usually email the contact we have on record to confirm that changes are required.
We will email our designated contact a form pre-populated with current contact and authority information to amend and return to us.
Contacts are used by us to process forms and to send out communications. We will not accept any pension forms or communicate sensitive information to a person who has not been added to an employer contacts list.
We will only accept pensions forms (e.g. Starter, Leaver, Estimate Request forms) from people named on your contact form as being responsible for specific areas. If we receive forms or queries from anyone who is not marked as responsible for that area of work, delays will be caused whilst we investigate and arrange for your contacts form to be updated.
Everyone detailed on your contacts form will be part of the general distribution list and will receive the quarterly newsletter 'Pension Matters'. This contains important information about the fund and scheme.
The information we need for each form is:
- Employer name and address
- External payroll provider name and address (if applicable)
- Name of authorised contact
- Email address
- Job title
- Which areas they are authorised for
There are notes included in the form to explain each section and each area of responsibility/authority, these include:
- High Level – It is important that this is the most appropriate person for the organisation e.g. Chief Executive, Headteacher, College Principle. This contact will be used by us to provide important information affecting the organisation such as consultations and the Employer contribution rates. This contact will also be invited to the Annual Employer Meeting (however, this invite can be extended to other colleagues)
- Finance – This will mainly be used for remittances and statutory financial reporting e.g. FRS17 (IAS19)
- Annual Returns – You may provide more than one point of contact if you believe this to be necessary but no more than three. The Contact(s) will be sent the Annual Return and one contact will need to sign it off before sending it to us. We will also direct any annual return queries to these contacts. Contacts for annual returns cannot be external payroll providers
- Estimates/Retirements – This contact will be authorised to submit employer initiated estimates and retirements. It is important that this contact can authorise any employer costs and take responsibility for retirement pay figures (this must be an employer contact and not your payroll provider)
- Day to day – Anything that isn't listed above – This is for all other pensions related forms and queries such as Starter forms, leaver forms, amendments, discretions policies etc. This also includes member estimates that are not for an employer initiated retirement
The form we will send out to you is a new version of the form and we welcome any feedback. Please email feedback to email@example.com