**Please note due to the current Covid-19 situation, all dates are subject to change and potential cancellation.**
Hampshire Pension Services are committed to working in partnership with Scheme Employers and offer a number of different employer training, workshops and focus groups. Sessions are held both in our offices in central Winchester as well as other locations throughout the West Sussex region.
There is no charge for attending and sessions are interactive, friendly and informal. There's plenty of time to ask questions and test your understanding.
- Annual Return and Pensionable Pay Workshop
Hampshire Pension Fund Employers only
Hampshire Pension Services provide Annual Return workshops each year to Employers to help them with their annual submission. The topics covered are
- The requirements for your annual return submission, and how to complete it
- The importance of annual returns and how they can impact you as an LGPS employer
- The principles of pensionable pay which relate to the annual returns submission, such as how to calculate Full-Time Equivalent (FTE), Assumed Pensionable Pay (APP), and Final Pay figures
We are no longer able to run the 2020 Annual Return Workshops, however we hope to be able to offer these again in 2021.
Please find links below to the Annual Return Workshop presentation and notes, along with the exercises (and answers).
- Annual Return Workshop Presentation
- Annual Return Workshop Exercises
- Annual Return Workshop Exercise Answers
- Annual Return FAQs
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you require any assistance with your Annual Return.
- LGPS Overview and Pensionable Pay Workshops
We currently run two different sessions: the LGPS Overview and Pensionable Pay Workshops. The sessions are useful for employers and staff in all kinds of roles, including:
- Payroll departments – deducting contributions, calculating pay, working with HR
- HR departments – taking on staff, setting policies, authorising absences and retirements
- If you use external HR or payroll providers – to understand what you're asking of them and make sure there are no gaps in processes
- HR & Payroll providers – understanding what's being asked of you
If you work for a small employer, perhaps you do all of these jobs.
This session covers the day to day LGPS administration that you are most likely to encounter. It is a good introduction to the LGPS, or a useful refresher if it has been a while since you last attended.
The LGPS Overview covers:
- outline of the scheme
- starters, opt outs and contributions
- reduced contributions – 50/50 section
- added contributions, including APCs used for some absences
- changes of details, absences
- estimates, leavers and retirements
- employer discretions
- disputes (IDRP)
- accounts and returns
Location Date Time Winchester (Hampshire County Council) 15 May 2020 09:30-12-30 Chichester (West Sussex County Council) 7 May 2020 09:30-12:30 Winchester (Hampshire County Council) 27 November 2020 09:30-12:30 Chichester (West Sussex County Council) 19 November 2020 09:30-12:30
- Pensionable Pay Workshop
These sessions are a chance to get to grips with cumulative pay and assumed pay calculations which were introduced in April 2014. We also cover calculations based on Full Time pay and Final Pay. You need to know both types.
The Pensionable Pay Workshop covers:
- Full Time Equivalent Final Pay (2008 regulations)
- Calculating pensionable pay for forms including starters, leavers and estimate requests
- Assumed Pensionable Pay and absences
- Cumulative Pensionable Pay (post 2014)
You will find the session useful if you have to complete or check starter forms, leaver forms, estimates requests.
Location Date Time Winchester (Hampshire County Council) 15 May 2020 13:00-16:30 Chichester (West Sussex County Council) 07 May 2020 13:30-16:30 Winchester (Hampshire County Council) 27 November 2020 13:00-16:30 Chichester (West Sussex County Council) 19 November 2020 13:30-16:30